With strict screening procedures in place, only highly qualified au pairs are accepted. We search for those individuals with a genuine interest in learning the Spanish language and culture that come with an equal desire to provide the best quality of care for children and a background of child care experience. These are key components to the success of this inter cultural exchange program.
The screening process is of the utmost importance in making this cultural exchange experience as effective and profitable as possible for both the applicants and the host family. “Au Pair in Spain” takes great care to successfully and carefully match Host families and Au Pairs through a customer-driven and streamlined procedure according to the Code of Conduct and Guidelines of the Au Pair Program, in order to protect the right of both parties involved. If an au pair is any of our partner organizations or agents, chosen by we are careful to ensure they also apply these recommendations and guidelines.
We are not an Internet matching website. Acceptance of each au pair and host family is done only after checking the required documentation.
- Each applicant must complete in full the application form informing of educational background, previous occupations, experience with children and housekeeping, hobbies, interest and other personal information
- Each applicant must meet all requirements to work as an au pair in Spain
- Applicant’s documents submitted will be reviewed and inspected for verification
- Applicants must submit photocopies of all required documents/certificates: photocopy of their passport or ID card, pictures of themselves with this family, friends and children they have cared for, reference letters, medical certificate, police record, school diploma, a “Dear Host Family” letter written in Spanish etc.
- Applicants will be screened through an interview process in person or by video conference to receive more information or to ask further questions
- Detailed information is provided to the host families about the applicants who are chosen. The host families will make direct contact with the applicants in order to finalise their decision.