- Please read through the Au Pair in Spain Requirements an choose from Our Programs before completing the pre-application form
- Fill out the On Line application form so we can access your character and requirements. By this means we will evaluate the probability of advancement with our program by application and advising our host families of your availability. View Registered Families. If you are eligible for the program, our au pair application pack will be sent out by email with all instructions and documentation for you to begin the process.
Documents and certificates required for “Au Pair in Spain” program
- Application form neatly and completely filled out
- One passport sized photo sent by email of au pair applicant (with a smile!). Host families appreciate seeing many photos of their potential au pair in a variety of settings with family, friends and children they have cared for
- A “Dear Host Family” letter in Spanish, telling who you are, why you wish to come to Spain, what are your expectations of being an au pair in Spain, your hobbies, interests, experience with children and any other details they may need to be made aware of in choosing an au pair for their family (such as dietary requirements etc.). Please give as much detail as possible so the host family will be able to make the best choice for their family based on the information you give them regarding your personality. Please do not ask for help in writing your letter in Spanish so the family will have an accurate assessment of your Spanish ability. Keep your letter over 600 words but no more than 2 pages of white A4 paper. If you have difficulty writing your letter in Spanish, feel free to write in English as many host families speak English and accept au pairs with little to no Spanish language ability.
After receiving the 3 main documents (complete application form, pictures and host family letter) we will contact you to arrange an interview via Skype and inform you of families available that may be best suited. At this stage, your application will be circulated amongst suitable host families selected for you and contact may begin with families that seem suitable to you.
Documents can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete the application process, the following documents will be required:
- 2 reference letters (from non-family members, previous or current employers, teachers, professors, or church leaders). It must include the full name, address, and telephone number of each referee. It may be written in either Spanish or English. You may use the templates provided to you in our pack or regular letters of reference
- A medical certificate must be received within 3 months before placement informing of your general state of health. The full name address and telephone number of the doctor will be required. You may use the template included in your pack or simply a letter signed by your doctor verifying your mental and physical health is satisfactory to both travel to Spain as well as care for children.
- Photocopy of Police Record proving you do not have a criminal record
- Photocopy of your ID card or passport
- Photocopies of high school diploma and any other degrees or qualifications, such as first aid, childcare courses, foreign languages, sport etc.
- Photocopy of international driver’s license if required by the family
When mutual acceptance of au pair and host family is final, an agreement will be signed between the two parties, signatures on both documents will be required before au pair can depart for Spain.
Once your placement has been confirmed, you must pay the agency administration fee prior to your departure to Spain. Payment instructions will be sent out in a separate email. We accept PayPal and bank transfers.
Upon your arrival in Spain, you will receive the welcome and orientation pack.