About the job
As an Au pair in Spain you will provide a maximum of 30 hours of child care per week, and may be asked to babysit in the evenings, but no more than three times per week. You will also be expected to contribute to light household duties. The stipend you will receive is based on the number of hours you work per week, but can range between 205 and 360 Euros per month. While September is the ideal time to start due to a high demand for au pairs, placements are available throughout the year.
Long-term au pairs (Madrid vicinity only) are required to enroll in language courses throughout the program, and short-term au pairs (Madrid or Valencia) have this option as well. Classes are a great way to meet other participants, especially as the language schools often organize social events and excursions.
We encourage you to call us and speak with a member of our team about the unique rewards and challenges of becoming an au pair before applying, but if you have child care experience and an interest in learning Spanish, our Au Pair in Spain program could be a good fit for you.
As an au pair in Spain, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- A monthly stipend ranging from 205 to 360 Euros (to be determined before departure)
- 2 weeks of vacation, depending on your program’s length
- At least one and a half consecutive days off per week (and at least one Sunday per month will be free)
- Transportation card or the possibility to use the family car
- ISE card – International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
- Pre-departure packet, including program guide, Au pair World notebook
- Arrival packet with logistical information and contact info for other au pairs in your area
- Monthly gatherings
- Long-Term Au Pair: Six to 12 months
- Summer Au Pair: Two to three months
We can match au pairs with host families throughout the year
We are currently accepting applications for au pair programs beginning this year
To be an au pair in Spain, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 and non smoker
- Have a high school diploma
- Have previous child care or babysitting experience and a genuine love of children
- Be able to commit to a placement for at least six months
- Meet the visa requirements for Spain
- Complete a successful interview with our staff member
- Possess the physical and mental capacity and dedication to carry out the responsibilities of the program without interruption
- Provide a clear criminal background check
Au pair World reserves the right to refuse acceptance to an applicant who we believe to be unsuitable for our programs for any reason.