Are you a mountain girl or a prairie girl? Canada has it all!
Canada is a bilingual country with mainly English speaking individuals and some French speaking communities. The population as a whole belongs to a multitude of ethnic backgrounds.
Some of the most popular destinations include; the Calgary Stampede – with over 700,000 guests, Canada’s oldest National Park – Banff – the beautiful sparkling waters of Lake Louise, the breathtaking view of the Rocky Mountains and the museums surrounded around Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
No matter what your ability is there is something for everyone in Canada. Canadians cherish their summers. There about 3 to 4 months to participate in many of the summer activities in Canada and residents spend much of their time outdoors because the summer is rather short. Many of popular summer activities include; horseback riding, fishing, and hiking. Many sports loved by Canadians in the winter include; skiing, snowshoeing, and snowboarding.
Whichever mode of transportation you choose bus, rail, car, streetcar – Canada has the absolute best passes, routes and tours mapped out so you can make the most of your trip in Canada and get where you need to go effectively. Every mode of transportation you may choose has it’s perks- travel passes tend to be a cheaper option as opposed to individual tickets.
Want to discover more of Canada at an affordable cost? – Get in touch with Elite Au pairs!
As an Au pair in Canada, you’ll receive:
- Placement with a carefully screened host family
- A private room and full board
- A stipend of at least 800 CAD per month
- Up to 2 weeks of vacation, depending on your program’s length
- At least one and a half consecutive days off per week (and at least one Sunday per month will be free)
- Transportation card or the possibility to use the family car
- ISE card – International Student & Youth Exchange Identification Card
- Pre-departure packet, including program guide, Au pair notebook, tips and more
- Arrival packet with logistical information and contact info for other Au pairs in your area
- Sometimes the host family can offer you some perks such as contributing to the language course fees, paying for a bus or rail pass, etc
To give you time to study and visit Canada, your host family has to allow you :
– one or two days off a week, if possible at the weekend, with at least one Sunday a month for worship,
– enough free time for your French lessons if you wish to take and leisure pursuits,
– one week paid holiday after 6 continuous months with the family.
The Au pair program in Canada usually costs $600 AUD, but we have a promotion during this month: If you register and send your application this month your placement is Free !
Other costs to consider:
- Visa required for programs longer than three months
- Language classes required for programs longer than three months – classes usually cost around 400 Euros per trimester (every 10 weeks)*
- Personal spending money
- Travel Insurance
- Long-Term Au Pair: Six to 12 months
- Summer Au Pair: Two to three months
We can match au pairs with host families throughout the year .
We are currently accepting applications for au pair programs starting this year.
To be an Au pair in Canada, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 and non smoker
- Have a high school diploma
- Have previous child care or babysitting experience and a genuine love of children
- Be able to commit to a placement for at least six months
- Meet the visa requirements for Canada
- Complete a successful interview with our staff member
- Possess the physical and mental capacity and dedication to carry out the responsibilities of the program without interruption
- Provide a clear criminal background check
Au pair World reserves the right to refuse acceptance to an applicant who we believe to be unsuitable for our programs for any reason.