There is no difference between applying for a job and applying to be an au pair. It is very important to take great care in preparing your application as it is a reflection of your personality. Give as much information as possible in English.
Step 1: Compiling your application file
Step 2: Sending your application file
Step 3 : Processing your application file
: Compiling your application file
To apply to be an au pair, you have to register online or compile a file containing the following documents:
- Letter to the host family
- This letter should be at least two pages long and will give your host family additional information about yourself, your family and your interests. You should present your experience with children. You should also explain the reasons why you wish to come toSpain as an au pair and your personal medium-term projects.
- Two letters of recommendation
- These letters must be recent (less than 3 months old). They should state the ages of children you have looked after, the periods during which you looked after them, the name and signature of your reference and a telephone number he/she can be contacted at. These recommendations shall be provided by families whose children you have looked after on a regular basis, or by a school or a kindergarten you have worked in. We do not accept letters of recommendation from members of your own family.
Download : .doc (100 ko) | .pdf (318 ko)
- A medical certificate
- Must be recent (not older than 3 months). This certificate confirms that you are in good health and that there are no medical reasons that prevent you from working abroad as an au pair.
Download : .doc (16 ko) | .pdf (576 ko)
- Photo album
- Of yourself, your family, your home, you and the children you have looked after and any comments you wish to make.
- A copy of the following documents : identity card or passport, driving licence, qualifications, etc.
: Sending your application file
Your complete application must be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
: Processing your application file
We contact you.
If we have a partner agency in your country we will send them your file. You then finalise your placement with this agency. In the case of Australia and Spain we have a local agency of Elite Au pairs so that you can follow the process with the same agency from the beginning.
If we have no partner agency in your country we will work directly with you. Please contact us to discuss our fees.
Please contact us if you have any questions whatsoever.