About the visa

Because the rules and regulations for student visas are constantly changing, we strongly suggest that you contact your nearest Consulate immediately to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork so that you will have enough time to submit your application. We are available to help you with this process. You should contact the Consulate at least 60 days before your departure.

For stays beyond 3 months, au pairs will require a student visa, enrolment in Spanish or other educational courses. They will also need to guarantee the finances necessary to pay for the cost of their courses along with living costs, trip home as well as medical insurance. The au pair in Spain team will assist you in obtaining the documentation required should your country of origin be USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or other such English speaking countries. Another option is to apply for a non-lucrative residence visa. Please call your nearest Spanish Consulate for further information.

Non-European citizens do not require a visa if they stay less than 3 months, as long as their country is exempted from this regulation as Spain is a Schengen country. Enrolment in Spanish language courses is not required as well.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS

Comments are closed